May 2022 End of Month Report
7 - Bases - 4 in Liberia (Zwedru, Grand Gedeh County; Sinje, Grand Capemont County, Voinjama, Lofa County and Gbarpolu County), 1 base in Ivory Coast, 1 base in Sierra Leone, 1 base in Guinea
17 - Total counties we ministered in
202 - Total communities/villages/towns/cities we ministered in
191 - Total mission trips
167 - Persons were baptized
26 - Attended Wordsower Bible Institute, level 3, 2-week class, in Zwedru, Grand Gedeh
27 - Attended Wordsower Bible Institute, level 4, 2-week class in Zwedru, Grand Gedeh
13 - Attended Wordsower Bible Institute, level 2, 1-week class in Blolequin, Ivory Coast
27 - Attended Wordsower Bible Institute, level 2, 1-week class in San Pedro, Ivory Coast
14 - Churches where we did leader trainings
4,859 - Viewed the Jesus Film, 29 locations and 40 times shown
424 - Attended our 1-3 day trainings in 4 locations
4 - Broadcasting on community radio stations
25 - Dental patients, 34 teeth pulled
38 - Adult literacy school
57,000 - Copies printed, 638 booklets made (English)
Our on-site leaders and the donations of churches and individuals from abroad are bringing in a great harvest. We need the unity of us all, His Church, to accomplish his command to reach the world. Thank you for your love, and faith and for sacrificing with us.
I was reading an article from thetruthsource.org, What is the cost of baptisms. Below are some statements from the article:
- Christ said, ‘Go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit… (Matthew 28:19).’ How effective do we carry out this process? What does it cost to reach lost sinners, hear them ‘confess with (their) mouth the Lord Jesus (Romans 10:9; Matt. 10:32-33);’ and go ‘down into the water… baptized’ (Acts 8:38)?... More than 100,000 people die every day without knowing Christ. Do we use our resources effectively?
- Less than 1% of Christian revenue is spent on evangelism to the most unreached peoples. Usually about 95% or more of church revenue is spent on maintenance, insurances, salaries, loan repayments, and utilities in the average American church.
- The total revenue received for all Christian ministry, in the United States, divided by the number of baptisms per year, in the United States, is about $1.5 million per baptism. (Gordon Conwell’s Center for the Study of Global Christianity).
- Jesus said, “What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name.” Rev 3:7-8. The door is open. Pray it will remain open for long.
- Paul said, “A great door for effective work has opened to me, and there are many who oppose me.” 1 Cor 16:9. At this time there is an open door without deadly persecution. I’m sure deadly persecution will come in the future. Now is the time to act, now is the time to lay a foundation, a foundation that will withstand the coming persecution.
- Paul said, “And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.” Col 4:3-4. Pray for us, unite with us in spirit, that we may boldly proclaim the truth of our Lord. The truth that brings salvation by faith.
- “When Esther’s words were reported to Mordecai, he sent back this answer: “Do not think that because you are in the king’s house you alone of all the Jews will escape. For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to your royal position for such a time as this?” Esther 4:12-14. I believe our Lord has united us, “For such a time as this”. This is our opportunity! No matter what we do, our Lord’s will is going to be accomplished! But woe to us if we refuse such a great invitation from our Lord to participate.
- A massive crusade is ongoing in the rural regions… What a great joy, the Kingdom of God is on the offensive, while the kingdom of Satan is on the defensive. We are the ones attacking… We are battling against the strongholds of Satan… we are soldiers of Jesus Christ… the front liners, fellow combatants… our military tactics are drastically depopulating the Satanic kingdom… No surrender, no retreat, we keep advancing, no rest… no turning back…We bear fruit, train pastors to shepherd the new converts…We are moved by the direction of the Holy Spirit who is leading us… our strength is our unity and your prayers are our working tools.
- A report from the Tenme-Banta unreached Muslim tribe: We baptized 149 people in three different villages and printed certificates for them, a day later, we returned to distribute their certificates. While distributing the certificates, in one of the villages, two of the oldest women sent a boy to call us. We went to the women. One of them said to us, “My children, we are old but want to be baptized because we have understood that JESUS is the only way to heaven and we don't want to miss seeing Jesus in heaven, please take us to the river for baptism”. We were left with no option, we prayed with them, walked to the river, and baptized both of them at once. While we were still in the water, a young fisherman came and requested to be baptized and we did baptize him immediately. Brethren, Jesus is truly with us as we obey and implement the GREAT COMMISSION. Afterwards it was such a joy to see the faces of these old women as they sang, praising God, in their local dialect. We are asking for your prayers and support, to keep these old women in the faith. It is not just easy to get converted from Islam to Christianity, most especially in their old age.”
- The boy is 14, is in Sierra Leone, and is from a Muslim unreached tribe. He told us that he has been having dreams of Jesus. He explains the dreams to his father, the Iman of the village mosque, but that his father does nothing about it. While we were in the village teaching the Bible, the boy came to us to be baptized. So we went to his father, the Iman, to ask for permission to baptize and tell of his son's decision to follow Jesus. Surprisingly, his father agreed, and we baptized the boy. Upon our return from the river, the Iman told me that he had also been having serious dreams about seeing his son preaching to crowds and in churches. The father, the Islamic spiritual head of the village, said that he appreciates our presence in his village. We are committed to discipling the converts and the baptized.
- We baptized 24 people and will go back to show the Jesus film tonight.
- Bohemu is a town of over a hundred inhabitants. After series of discipleship meetings, and 3 nights of revival meetings, 15 persons were baptized. Since the establishment of the town, no Christian gathering has ever taken place, except for today. Praise God a church is finally being established.
- We need your intervention on the issue of the churchless. We baptized 105 people in a town. There is no church here. We need to plant a church. We have met the last 5 Sundays under a mango tree.
- We sent out 2 teams. One team baptized 105. The other team baptized 40. Pray that our Lord will protect them in the persecution that is before them.
- We baptized 23 this morning. The chief of the town also came to us to be baptized. All returned with joy, celebrating. The majority of the villagers are not happy that their chief made decision to become Christian, that he was baptized, and that he has given up Islam.
- This chief is a regional chief over many chiefs. He is now going from village to village encouraging all the chiefs within his region to give up Islam, become Christian, and be baptized!
Participate with us in praise and prayer:
- Pray: For our indigenous missionary teams, that they will continue to fearlessly, boldly and sacrificially advance the gospel into the unreached tribes.
- Pray: For our new indigenous missionary team to Guinea. They are going to 2 unreached, Christian-less tribes. Pray that our Lord will reveal where they shall establish their base.
- Pray: For us we march into and live within the strongholds of Satan to, “snatch others from the fire and save them.” Jude 1:23.
- Pray: “Finally, our friends, pray for us that the Lord's message may continue to spread rapidly and be received with honor, just as it was among you. Pray also that God will rescue us from wicked and evil people; for not everyone believes the message.” 2 Thessalonians 3:1-2.