Wordsower Africa is requesting for 2 days of fasting and prayer August 22-23
Please watch this 4 minute video on YouTube.
We have several urgent issues to be lifted up to our Lord inprayer:
We desire increased donations.
• Our Capemont County indigenous missionary team needs increased funding. They are rapidly increasing their territory within the unreached Vai and Gola unreached tribes. We are seeing fruit. Former Muslims have been discipled and desire to go their fellow tribesmen. More lasting fruit will come if we are able to send these disciples.
• Our Ivory Coast team also wants to expand. They have raised up disciples that are able to be sent out. Ivory Coast has 36 unreached tribes of 7 million.
• Praise God, we have a donor that has committed to sending a second indigenous team to another 2 unreached tribes. The donation is for $14,000. The startup estimated cost is $5,000 for moving, 2 bikes, rent, bedding, kitchen set up etc. We have set a $1,500 budget for the 4 families and mission expenses. But with another donation(s) we would be able to send a team to the last 2 unreached tribes of Liberia.
Our main base in Zwedru, Liberia needs additional buildings. Our Bible Institute student attendance has risen to 50-70 students. Each class level lasts two weeks. Our housing is too small. We have wall to wall mattresses. Our school room is toosmall for this number of students, also.
• Adjacent to us is a large seldom used multipurpose building that would satisfy our needs. We want these 2 days of fasting and prayer brought before our Lord before we approach them for its use. Hopefully they will lease it to us. Better yet, if we could purchase it from them.
• In the future, if not able to purchase the existing building, we would like to have a new school built and additional housing on our property.
Please join us in unified fasting and prayer these two days. Fast in the way our Lord leads. Some may not eat during the weekend or some may want skip meals.
Below is our vision statement for 2020. In it are other prayer items.
Wordsower Africa 2020 Vision Statement
“For this is what the Lord has commanded us: I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.” Acts 13:47.
The vision and goals of Wordsower Africa is to obey the command of our Lord. To bring the Light of Salvation, Jesus Christ, to the ends of the earth. We were originally placed in Liberia.
Our vision and goals are now beyond Liberia and have expanded to West Africa. Our dream and passion is to send to the nations, outside Liberia, trained Liberian missionaries to train the indigenous of their country to also be missionaries to their people and beyond. We seek the lost the unreached resistant tribes.
The virus crisis is an unknown we do not know how it will affect donations, our ability to cross national borders or to accomplish the stated goals.
Church partners: Wordsower Africa will continue to work closely with our church partners, by participating in their strategies and goals to train and send out more missionaries from within their congregation.
Wordsower Liberia: Liberia, Zwedru, is our main base for Wordsower Africa. This base is the father and the feeder of the work in West Africa. From this base, we reach Liberia. We train and send out indigenous missionary teams.
• In Liberia, we have 7 unreached tribes. Our goal is to a have indigenous Liberian missionary teams in all 7 unreached tribes of Liberia this year.
• Grand Capemont County: Our Capemont county indigenous missionary team is working very successfully with 3 unreached tribes of Liberia.
• Lofa County: We have sent out spies into they have located 2 more unreached tribes. Our goal is to have an indigenous missionary team living and harvesting there this year.
• Gbapolu: Also, we have sent out spies into Gbapolu county. They have located another 2 unreached tribes. Our goal is to have an indigenous missionary team living and harvesting there this year.
• Our Bible Institute enrollment has increased. We have 40-70 students living and eating with us on our base for 2 weeks (Some will sleep off the base). Our school building and our housing is insufficient. Our rooms are wall to wall mattresses. Our school room is overcrowded. We need additional buildings for our classes and for housing.
Wordsower Ivory Coast: The Ivorian team is in operation. They have a great base, they have all the equipment necessary to accomplish their mission to “To bring the Light of Salvation, Jesus Christ, to the ends of the earth”. Specifically, to the 36 unreached tribes of over 7 million people. They need an increase of their current budget as they send out trained disciples and teach in their Bible Institute. They have 36 unreached tribes of 7 million.
Guinea: We have sent teams into Guinea. Guinea has 29 unreached tribes of 11 million, making up 86% of the population. We desire to have a base there by 2021. I estimate we can run the base with a monthly cost of about $2,000 a month. This team will be made up of Liberian missionaries and Guineans that we have discipled.
Nigeria: Nigeria has 95 unreached tribes of 59 million. We desire to return to Nigeria this year, 2020. A Liberian and I will go. The Liberian will stay for 1 month and I will stay for 2. Maybe one day we will be able to establish a base there. There are great needs in Northern Nigeria and we are well suited to address many of their needs:
• The church there is under genocidal attack. Their need must be known to the universal church and then there needs to be a team to distribute aid.
• The institutional church’s buildings are being burnt. They need to know how to go “underground.”
• The Muslim Background Believers need to know how to do house church. To know how to operate as the body of Christ in severe persecution and how to go further North to the persecutor and to the persecuted.
Sierra Leone: Sierra Leone has 11 unreached tribes of 1.1 million. We have trained a pre-team of Sierra Leoneans on our Zwedru base. We are now prepared to send a Liberian team to them. The team will be expected to stay one month. By the end of 2020 we should have at least an unofficial working team of disciples making disciples with a vison and desire to reach the unreached.
We have trained, fruitful, proven disciples, waiting, begging to go into these countries, to go to the unreached tribes. We can easily send trained teams into each of these countries. Lord willing, all the goals above will be realized by the end of this year, 2020 or the first half of 2021.
According to the Joshua Project the countries of West Africa house 176 unreached tribes of 80 million people. Our Lord has commanded His Church, us, to go, to present Him and His salvation to every tribe. We can reach many of these tribes. Even now, we have trained willing disciples wanting to go.
Acts 19:9-10, “So Paul left them. He took the disciples with him and had discussions daily in the lecture hall of Tyrannus. This went on for two years, so that all the Jews and Greeks who lived in the province of Asia heard the word of the Lord.” Lord willing, our WSL base can be this for much of West Africa. We are prepared to be a training and sending hub to reach the resistant unreached tribes of West Africa.
As always, with gratitude, we will do all we can with what we have. If we have the means we will be in many nations.
100% of all donations go to the mission. None is used for administration. Tax-deductible receipts will be sent each January.
Click here to donate onlineCheck Donations:
Please make checks payable to the “Woodside Vision Foundation” designating “Wordsower Africa” on the memo line of the check. Please include your name and address for the receipt, if the information is not already on the check. Mail to: Woodside Vision Foundation6600 Rochester RoadTroy Michigan 48085
If you have questions or problems with donations or want to contact me, Kim Smith, then
email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
. I’m also available on the app called Whatsapp, the contact number is +231881344417