Huge Historic Breakthrough!!!
The Mandingo are one of the unreached tribes of Liberia. They live within every one of the 15 counties of Liberia, but the greatest concentration of Mandingoes is within the Quardu-Gboni district of Lofa Country. For centuries, since the founding of Liberia, Christians have not been allowed in their towns or churches to be built in the Quardu-Gboni district of a Mandingo village (though there are two known exceptions where an outside tribe was allowed unofficially to start a church).
As reported by our Lofa County indigenous missionary team: A few months ago, our Lord led us to begin work in the Quardu-Gboni district. We visited many of their towns, but people in each town we visited told us that no Christians were living there. Our Lord led us to one of their towns called Bakadu, where we met a man named Mr. Salay. He also told us that there were no Christians in the town, but that he wanted to become a Christian. Later on, we took him and his two brothers to our Bible school. After completing the training, they said that they wanted to build a church in their town. So, we met with the chief Iman and the traditional leader. The Iman and the traditional leader of the town agreed to have a church building built. But they first needed to get the agreement of the Mandingo district Iman. The district Iman agreed but he also said he needed to get the Mandingo tribe national leader’s permission.
Finally, their national leaders accepted that a church could be established in their region. Later they sent a few national representatives from both the Loma and Mandingo tribes, along with a few security officers. They all gathered in the Bakadu town. They themselves decided to turn over a piece of land to us for the church to be built. They also said it was the first of its kind for them to allow for a church within a Mandingo village. They even said we can now go in any of their towns and villages to evangelize and continue to build churches. The groundbreaking ceremony for the church building has taken place and the land is being prepared.
This is a huge, historic move of God within this formerly closed Muslim tribe!!! We give God almighty the Glory for this door to be opened. The information about the decision made by Mandingo national tribe leaders and the traditional leaders is spreading throughout their towns and villages.
“What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. I know your deeds. See, I have placed before you an open door that no one can shut. I know that you have little strength, yet you have kept my word and have not denied my name." Revelation 3:7-8
Our Lord knows the deeds of WSA. He knows we are of little strength, that we have kept His word and not denied His name. I’m shocked that of all the denominations, muti-million-dollar mission organizations here in Liberia that it was WSA that our Lord chose to assist in the opening of this door. But with this open door comes a great responsibility. We need to send an army of evangelists and church planting disciplers. Please join us, assist, partner.
“You can count the seeds in an apple, but only God knows how many apples are in the seeds.”
The task of the church is to reach the world. We, His Church, are all assigned to accomplish the assignment. The task of some is to drive the bikes, for others it is to purchase the bikes and gas. Each is required and each will be rewarded.
In the below life choices, one is called a fool and the other a faithful servant:
- “Then he said, ‘This is what I’ll do. I will tear down my barns and build bigger ones, and there I will store my surplus… “But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night your life will be demanded from you.” Luke 12:18-20
- “The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’ “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ Matthew 25:20-21
Methodist Circuit Riders 1764 - 1885
- "I was pursued by the wicked, knocked down, and left almost dead on the highway, my face scarred and bleeding and then imprisoned." — Freeborn Garrettson
- “We must reach every section of America, especially the raw frontiers. We must not be afraid of men, devils, wild animals, or disease. Our motto must always be FORWARD!" – Francis Asbury. He required every preacher to travel a circuit.
- "While riding through the rain and dark, with no human being with me, my soul was comforted on the reflection of the omnipresence of my Saviour: I felt He was near to bless and preserve me," — Isaac Boring, 18291
Wordsower Africa Circuit Riders 2009 – Present
Quotes of field leaders:
- “No die, no rest.”
- “Everybody everywhere needs to hear the gospel.”
- “Soldiers at work, everybody, everywhere”
- “We are warriors, no fear, no worry, no retreat, no stopping, no resting”
Our on-site leaders and the donations of churches and individuals from abroad are bringing in a great harvest. We need the unity of us all, His Church, to accomplish our Lord’s command to reach the world. Thank you for your active love and faith. Thank you for sacrificing with us. We need additional monthly donors. Please pray about participating with us financially.
Participate with us in praise and prayer:
- Praise: Huge historic door opened to establish churches within the Mandingo unreached tribe
- Praise: We continue to advance into the strongholds of Satan without serious persecution.
- Pray: Against the plans and advancement of the jihadists.
- Pray: For increased donations so that we may continue to advance into unreached tribes.
- Pray: For our indigenous missionary teams, that they will continue to fearlessly, boldly, and sacrificially advance the gospel.
- Pray: As we prepare to create and send another indigenous missionary team to the Muslim unreached tribes of Sierra Leone.
- Pray: For us we march into and live within the strongholds of Satan to, “snatch others from the fire and save them.” Jude 1:23.
- Pray: “Finally, our friends, pray for us that the Lord's message may continue to spread rapidly and be received with honor, just as it was among you. Pray also that God will rescue us from wicked and evil people; for not everyone believes the message.” 2 Thessalonians 3:1-2.