7 - Bases - 4 in Liberia (Zwedru, Grand Gedeh County; Sinje, Grand Capemont County, Voinjama, Lofa County and Gbarpolu County), 1 base in Ivory Coast, 1 base in Sierra Leone, 1 base in Guinea
25 - Total counties we ministered in
354 - Total communities/villages/towns/cities we ministered in
147 - Total mission trips
580 - Persons were baptized
37 - Attended Wordsower Bible Institute, level 2, 1-week class in River Cess County
45 - Attended Wordsower Bible Institute, level 1, 1-week class in Grand Bassa County
38 - Churches where we did leader trainings
8,189 - Viewed the Jesus Film, 53 locations and 61 times shown
614 - Attended our 1-3 day trainings in 7 locations
4 - Broadcasting on community radio stations
13 - Adult literacy school
58,000 - Copies printed, 638 booklets made (English)
Our on-site leaders, the donations of churches, and individuals from abroad are bringing in a great harvest. We need the unity of His Church, to accomplish his command, to reach the world. Thank you for your love, faith and for sacrificing with us.
We go on hundreds of missions each month. They bring hundreds of testimonies. I could write page after page of wonderful testimonies. It pains me to leave out so many good testimonies. At the end of his book, John wrote, “Jesus did many other things as well. If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.” John 21:25. I know how he felt.
Training the Next Generation of American Missionaries
Woodside Bible Church in Michigan has the vision of sending out 100 missionaries. They send us those “feeling the call”. Wordsower Africa helps them to “confirm their call.” We are also known as “Wordsower Boot Camp.” So, let me introduce our two new interns, Samantha Lloyd and Hanna Pittman. Samantha attends the Pontiac campus of Woodside Bible Church and Moody Bible Institute in Chicago. She is studying to become a missionary. Hanna also attends Moody Bible Institute and is studying to be a missionary. They arrived on June 1 and will be with us here for 3 months. Then they fly from Liberia to Bahrain to study with another Woodside Missionary and will stay with her 4 months. Their example of faith, hope, love and sacrifice should inspire men and women of all ages. Inspiring others to join in the command of Christ for His Church to reach every tongue, language, and tribe with the gospel. Below is a video, less then 3 minutes, they made of their first month here.
Sierra Leone Baptized 547 in One Month!!!
Our Sierra Leone indigenous missionary team baptized 547 in one month!!! We are experiencing a huge, historic, harvest. A Holy Spirit fueled wildfire!!! Our team is evangelizing, baptizing, discipling and starting churches. Those baptized come from these Muslim tribes: The Temne-Banta, it is supposed to have 0.00% evangelical Christians*; the Fula Jalon, it is supposed to have 0.00% evangelical Christians*; the Kuranko, it is supposed to have 0.00% evangelical Christians*, and the Loko, it is estimated to have 9 evangelical Christians per 1,000*. Often, before our teams enter into the Islamic communities, they discover that the people have already been prepared by our Lord for salvation. Muslims will even come to our base, asking for salvation and baptism. These verses come to mind:
- “This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled them.” John 6:65. We look for those He has enabled, those He has already prepared. He has commanded us to go to the nations and as we go in obedience we find those prepared. Our leaders have been well trained, but it is not the skill of our indigenous missionaries, it is their obedience. In unity with the Holy Spirit, they show up with eyes wide open.
- “For this is what the Lord has commanded us: I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth.” Acts 13:47. We find fruit in our obedience. Our Lord has commanded us to take His “Light” to every language, tribe, people and nation.
- Then Jesus told them… “Walk while you have the light, before darkness overtakes you. Whoever walks in the dark does not know where they are going. Believe in the light while you have the light, so that you may become children of light.” John 12:35-36. We are His children of light. We are to take the Light into the dark. The darkest places on earth are the unreached tribes. The Light shines brightest in the darkest places.
Our Lord is causing our Bikes to Breakdown!!!
Our Guinea Base is Open and Harvesting
Wordsower Bible Institute is on the Road
Participate with us in praise and prayer:
- Pray: For our indigenous missionary teams, that they will continue to fearlessly, boldly and sacrificially advance the gospel into the unreached tribes.
- Pray: One of our teams has been taken captive by the Animist demonic leaders. A rescue team has been sent to inquire.
- Pray: for Samantha and Hanna, our Global 100 interns.
- Pray: For us as we march into and live within the strongholds of Satan to, “snatch others from the fire and save them.” Jude 1:23.
- Pray: “Finally, our friends, pray for us that the Lord's message may continue to spread rapidly and be received with honor, just as it was among you. Pray also that God will rescue us from wicked and evil people; for not everyone believes the message.” 2 Thessalonians 3:1-2.